This episode is sponsored by the CIO Scoreboard
My guest for this episode is Shola Oyewole, CIO of United Therapeutics.
As a member of the Senior Executive Leadership of United Therapeutics Corporation, Shola provides technology, vision, and leadership in the development and implementation of the global information technology (IT) program. In that role he supports the Finance, HR, R&D, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, and various business units in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized business operations, and achieve more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations.
Additionally, Shola provides strategic and tactical planning, budget development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for the corporation. He facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within (and outside) of the organization.
Major Take-Aways From This Episode:
- In our discussion we highlighted the importance of continuous learning in not just the tech domain but in all elements – leadership, innovation and team building for example.
- The importance of mentors.
- Innovation and help desk ideas that will spark your imagination.
- Branding and marketing an IT Dept. You can see an example of the logo below for his team that was developed related to the marketing and branding of the IT department.
- Stories of how Shola said ‘Yes’ to requests his CEO made that lead to major new sources of revenue for the company.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
How to get in touch with Shola Oyewole
- United Therapeutics Website
- Advanced Therapies For Patients Suffering with PAH, CIO Review
- Harvard Business School Classes
- Singularity University
This episode is sponsored by the CIO Scoreboard, a powerful tool that helps you communicate the status of your IT Security program visually in just a few minutes.
* Outro music provided by Ben’s Sound
Leave a Review
If you enjoyed this episode, then please consider leaving an iTunes review here
Click here for instructions on how to leave an iTunes review if you’re doing this for the first time.