Often times as a CIO, you will have to implement various IT Security patches and upgrades, but in order to get these projects underway, you must first acquire the necessary funding from Management Executives. The issue is Management Executives don’t want to deal with IT Security; it’s confusing to them, and costs money that they don’t want to spend. How then, does a CIO get the necessary funding for the projects that need to be done?
Over the past 18 months I have had the chance to be the CIO for two companies. In order to work with both of these businesses’ executives I developed a CIO Scoreboard in order to do four things:
- Visually convey the current state of affairs with IT Security
- Show the gap between the current state and desired state
- Compare effort, results, and progress over time.
- Easily communicate IT Security investment progress to Management Executives.
In this video I give you ideas on how to make IT Security communication with Management Executives easier. You will learn some new Visual Presentation ideas related to:
- Increasing Transparency
- Demystifying IT Security complexity
- Responding accurately to auditors and government regulators
This is the solution I came up with, but I’m curious to see what the related LinkedIn CIO community can come up with as well. Share your thoughts in the comment section below!