Have you thought about how you are going to Build Enterprise Value & Secure Your Business Based on Risk?
If not, here are 10 Thinking Tools for you to prime the pump based on a dozen interviews with Top IT Business Leaders:
- The importance of focusing on “Turning information into dollars”. Digital innovation, digital optimization & digital transformation
- A passion for “Human Centered Design” | Outside-In vs. Inside-Out.
- The CIO and IT Business Leader are imperative to bring intrinsic business value
- The role of the CIO should really be the CXO “Chief Execution Officer”.
- Emotional intelligence, project management & analytical skills are essential for modern IT Leaders
- Training your team to be the ‘department of how’ vs. the ‘department of no’.
- Be ready to build bridges and relationships across departments.
- Quote: I have many teams of developers. “My biggest risk is miss-configurations of S3 buckets in AWS”.
- Quote: “Organizational agility requires constant change, thus my architecture must be able to change.”
- Security moves at the pace of business innovation.
So, what’s your Offense & Defense Strategy to keep up – and take on, this role?
SHARE your comments with me on my LinkedIn page @Bill Murphy.
Self-sufficiency is a good thing – unless you need to open up resources to support other, more rewarding endeavors.
I struggle to this day with outsourcing.
But I have learned to do it through using various models like, marketing, AP, Tax Accounting and more.
However, what about IT Security & GRC?
Smart outsourcing of security expertise can free up tremendous untapped “offense” capabilities that can support other leadership projects for the biz.
I found the results of this 2020 State of the Security Operations Center Report very interesting! Organizations today are still struggling with a 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗚𝗮𝗽 😬
But, while companies are investing more time to find qualified people to fill the skills gap – hackers aren’t slowing down.
Check out the full summary to learn more 👉 https://lnkd.in/eFdtjPw
RedZone Technologies is helping enterprises close this gap and maintain a cohesive IT team through Co-managed security.
Reach out to our team 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
How are you going to handle the ongoing changing landscape as a Business IT Leader?
As a leader people hate uncertainty – and lack of clarity.
How will you lead?
SHARE your thoughts with me on my LinkedIn page @Bill Murphy.
If you enjoy listening to my podcast, please take a minute to leave a review here!
Today you will hear a power-packed Episode with a world-class CIO. My guest today is David DiLeo, the Chief Information Officer at Industrial Scientific.
If you aspire and dream of a big job as a CIO and then land there, what would you do next? Well, 5-1/2 years ago, David landed at Industrial Scientific. What he and his team have achieved during that time has been remarkable.
As CIO, David is responsible for the information technology needs of Industrial Scientific which includes leading a large and diverse technical team comprised of ERP, business applications, application development, business intelligence, IT security, global infrastructure, and support functions. This team represents a world-class IT organization with capabilities that deliver high quality and data-driven solutions to both internal and external customers.
If you want to hear about good old-fashioned project management delivered at a world-class level, this Podcast is for you.
Here are some areas we cover:
- Changing the Brand of IT.
- How to create a scalable IT organization to support a business.
- Changing IT from “Reactive” to “Proactive” – This is impressive since it was delivered in the midst of tremendous complexity and scale – not just lip service or words that everyone in business wants to hear from top CIO’s.
- Project management can give you the broadest understanding of business. See why the path to David’s CIO role – a progression of technical, project management, middle management, and then senior management roles – was significant.
- The powerful impact of IoT in his world.
- How he integrated top-notch security into his environment following risk-based and security-by-design principles.
- How people (good people) joined him on the journey to transform the business.
- How he remains grounded and balanced.
- His vision for himself and the business over the next few years.
This is only a small subsection of what you will learn from listening, enjoy!
Continue reading →
Fighting Horses, Castle Defenses, Population Unrest – Decimation, Intimidation, Psychology of Attack and Defense
I have often asked myself recently how Ghengis Khan and his generals would approach IT Security problems if they lived today? From the research I have done on these people, they were the most advanced fighting people of all time. Anyone who listens to Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History (4 parts 1.5 hours each) will be stunned, impressed, and frightened by these people. This is why I love them so much.
If they were actually in charge of defending our businesses and government from organized crime and nation-state threats what would they do? If they were attacking us how would they do it?
Continue reading →