In this episode, I’m excited to dive into the latest Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) development to help you understand how these immersive technologies can add value to your organization through the gamification of your sales funnels.
Although VR fell flat in the 90s and 00s after building major hype, this time is different. Now, I’m confident that VR has crossed the threshold from just being a ‘cool gadget’ to being an avenue for innovation that CIOs can tap into to take their business to the next level in the future.
I’m joined by Michael Potts, a Holographic Architect and CEO of M2 Studio. Michael is a multi-faceted designer with a degree in Architecture with an emphasis in Advanced Visualization Technology. During Michael’s 21 years of experience, he has worked on over 3000 projects on 5 Continents where his work has been seen in dozens of publications including broadcast television and a motion picture.
As a CIO and Business IT Leader here are some wins you will get by listening:
- VR has been a series of hyped expectations and disappointments. [04:30]
- VR technology is finally catching up to the hopes and aspirations of the last several decades. [04:45]
- We’ve crossed the point where VR used to just be a cool gadget. Now, it’s effective. [05:45]
- As far as VR goes, the Oculus Quest 2 is the best headset for the money by far. [06:00]
- VR technology is inflecting up and I don’t think it’s going to go back down. [6:30]
- The biggest improvements for VR need to be with visual acuity. [10:00]
- VR Avatars will be much more expressive shortly. [11:15]
- Do you want to represent yourself or somebody else as a VR Avatar? [13:00]
- Holding meeting in virtual reality is a completely different experience. It’s hard to describe. [14:45]
- Universities are using VR for teaching, training, and classroom incorporating. [17:00]
- Your brain understands information so much better in 3D than looking at a 2D screen. [17:15]
- VR has subtle changes that are similar enough to make you really feel like you’re in that space. [21:15]
- Companies use VR because they legitimately cannot bring their customers and salespeople together. [22:45]
- I wasn’t expecting to gamify virtual reality. Someone just threw the idea out and we did it. [24:15]
- I’m really converted to the idea of gamifying VR. I see how it works. I see how important it is. [26:00]
- Think about meeting famous people, experts in the field, or authors of books in virtual reality. [27:45]
- There is a night and day difference between looking at your artwork in virtual reality versus the web. [30:00]
- Virtual Reality really does make a lot of sense. Instead of swiping, you can teleport. [30:45]
- NFTs are an interesting technology that’s blowing up right now. [00:33:00]
- I’ve read every book I can on virtual reality. [34:30]
Resources referenced in the podcast:
- Dalton, J. (2021). Reality check: How immersive technologies can transform your business.
- M2 Studios Website
- Oculus Quest 2
- Microsoft HoloLens
- Altspace VR
- The Wild
Don’t miss out on the 10 Book Giveaway that we discussed during the podcast! If you want your FREE copy of Jeremy Dalton’s book, Reality Check: How Immersive Technologies Can Transform Your Business, message Bill directly on LinkedIn! These Free copies will go FAST so don’t delay!
Leave a Review
Love this episode? Share it on your LinkedIn feed.
About Bill Murphy
Bill Murphy is a world-renowned IT Security Expert dedicated to your success as an IT business leader. Follow Bill on LinkedIn.
If you are interested in learning more about RedZone Technologies, and our security expertise, in particular related to Cloud and Email Security Kill Chain Strategy, Techniques and Tactics you can email email@example.com.
Other Ways To Listen to the Podcast