Today I have a great interview with Dr. Jonas Ridderstråle from Sweden. He’s one of the world’s most influential and respected business thinkers and speakers. Since bursting onto the international scene with the bestselling book Funky Business in 2000, Jonas has remained at the forefront of the new generation of management thinkers.
In 2014, the Global Top 30 Management Gurus ranking put him at number 23 worldwide and among the top five in Europe. He has a PhD in International Business and an MBA. His most recent book, published in 2017 is called, Fast/Forward: Make Your Company Fit for the Future, and was co-authored with Julian Birkinshaw.
So with that, I want to introduce you to my wonderful conversation with Jonas Ridderstråle.
Here are some of things that you will learn in this podcast episode.
- How can you reward failure using an MSU (Major Screw Up) Award?
- How can you de-risk failure and fear in your company? As the title suggests, What is the last competitive advantage for humans?’
- Two methods for increasing your ability to handle paradox.
- Why are Nobel prizes now awarded to teams vs. super humans?
- How you can re-energize your company with ideas.
- As humans become more like Homer Simpson, how can you respond and help your colleagues as well?
- Why you need more lovers, mistresses and promiscuity in your business and it’s not what you might think.
- Why is planning done + over’?
- How to learn when exponential growth is real and daunting.
- How are Paradoxical Thinking and the Paradoxical Point-of-View instrumental in sharpening our understanding of the big challenges companies face today?
- How exponential growth at a social level can lead to more ignorance on an individual level.
Ways to connect with Dr. Jonas Ridderstråle:
- Fast/Forward: Make Your Company Fit for the Future by Julian Birkinshaw and Jonas Ridderstråle | 1 Apr 2017
- Re-energizing the Corporation: How Leaders Make Change Happen by Jonas Ridderstråle and Mark Wilcox, 15 Apr 2008.
- Funky Business Forever: How to enjoy capitalism (Financial Times Series), by Kjell Nordstrom and Jonas Ridderstråle, 4 Oct 2007.
- Karaoke Capitalism: Managing for Mankind by Kjell Nordstrom and Jonas Ridderstråle | 8 Jan 2004
I hope you enjoyed this interview with Dr. Jonas Ridderstråle. You can go to the show notes to read the details of what we discussed in this episode.
This episode is sponsored by the CIO Innovation Forum, dedicated to Business Digital Leaders who want to be a part of 20% of the planet and help their businesses win with innovation and transformation.
Leave a Review:
If you liked this episode, please share it with your LinkedIn community. Please consider leaving an iTunes review here, and for my droid listeners, on Stitcher. (Click here for instructions on how to leave an iTunes review if you’re doing this for the first time.)
* Outro music provided by Ben’s Sound
About Bill Murphy
Bill Murphy is a world renowned IT Security Expert dedicated to your success as an IT business leader.
If you are interested in learning more about my company, RedZone Technologies, and our security expertise, in particular related to Cloud and Email Security Kill Chain Strategy, Techniques and Tactics you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.