What is your company’s vision? It’s a simple question, yet still one that many entrepreneurs are unable to effectively answer this question in a cohesive manner when asked. Although the answer to this question will be unique to every leader, the premise behind the answer is that it must be written in ink.
When it comes to identifying the traits of a visionary leader, one individual is always front of mind: Dr. Oleg Konovalov. Following a career spanning nearly three decades of operating businesses and consulting Fortune 500 companies, Dr. Konovalov has also been recognized as the #1 global thought leader on Culture by Thinkers 360 as well as a #1 Global Leading Coach and international speaker. He is also the author of 4 best-selling titles including his latest book, “The Vision Code,” that was released in early 2021 on Amazon.
Oleg was given the nickname of “the da Vinci of Visionary Leadership” due to his ability to create and execute a compelling vision for businesses while also identifying a manager’s strategic needs in corporate culture and leadership. Oleg’s wisdom transcends industries and experience levels, capturing my attention and leaving me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next great sound bite. I’ve spoken with Oleg once before and have been clamoring to get him back on my podcast after hearing many of his incredible stories of perseverance and determination which continue to reverberate through my life to this day.
What Oleg excels at is creating opportunity from chaos. He is able to take complex concepts regarding visionary leadership ideologies and simplify them into bite sized insights that allow others to become motivated to drive growth in their organizations and industries. What differentiates Oleg from other thought leaders is that he is able to see every organization as unique and firmly believes that most of his clients’ problems can be solved by shifting patterned paradigms and applying tailor-made solutions.
Listen as we discuss the key points to driving visionary leadership and how to best prime your energy and effort to produce results that will produce sustainable growth trajectories in the future. While listening, ask yourself what affect the strategies that Oleg discusses would have on your organization and how quickly you can put them into motion.
As a CIO and Business IT Leader here are some wins you will get by listening:
- We are all big links in the cognitive chain of history. (3:00)
- I’m not a content creator. I’m a solution finder. (5:45)
- A mission statement is a side-effect of vision. (10:00)
- Ego kills vision instantly. (11:30)
- Don’t spread yourself so thin that you can’t operate effectively. If you add more value, your vision will grow. (12:30)
- Vision is aspiration for the future that we strive to make a reality today. (14:30)
- Less than 0.1% of modern leaders have vision. (17:00)
- We are betting too much on consensus and trying to be nice to people. “Pleases” are face-less. (18:00)
- When you have a clear vision and you know your direction, you enable people to make their own decisions. (20:00)
- You need less resources when you have a clear vision. (20:30)
- Visionaries manage energy- not time. (23:00)
- It’s not about looking for problems to solve. It’s about solutions. (28:00)
- You must really have a courage to think boldly to find the right solution. (30:30)
- Vision doesn’t tolerate comfort. To remain successful, you have to be comfortable being uncomfortable. (36:00)
- It’s my duty to make others visionaries. (38:00)
- Visionaries should serve people and their needs, but not please them. (46:00)
- Control is an illusion until the people involved have a vested interest in what is happening. (50:00)
- Don’t allow anyone to silence your vision. Great vision will define the highest purpose of your life and your business. (53:00)
How to Connect with Dr. Konovalov
Resources referenced in Podcast:
S3 E29: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (Existentialism) – The Jordan B. Peterson Podcast
Books referenced in podcast:
The Vision Code, by Oleg Konovalov with Foreword by Marshall Goldsmith. Published by Wiley, Hoboken, New Jersey. (2021)
Leave a Review
Love this episode? Share it with your LinkedIn community here. If you haven’t already, please make sure you leave us a review on iTunes or Stitcher. Not sure how to leave a review? Check out the instructions here.
About Bill Murphy
If you are interested in learning more about my company, RedZone Technologies, and our security expertise, in particular related to Cloud and Email Security Kill Chain Strategy, Techniques and Tactics you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Full Transcript
You can go to the show notes to get more information about this interview and what we discussed in this episode. Click Here to download the full transcript.
Music provided by Ben’s Sound
Other Ways to Listen to the Podcast: